At Hazeldean Dental in Kanata, we may recommend a dental implant to replace a missing tooth. A dental implant will feel and function like a natural tooth and help prevent further shifting of your existing teeth.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
Millions of Canadians are missing one or more teeth. Whether an accident, injury, or dental disease has caused the loss of one or more teeth, it may cause more than only embarrassment. Missing teeth may cause difficulties, including allowing teeth to shift resulting in misalignment, encouraging the onset of gum disease, contributing to jawbone atrophy and possibly the loss of additional teeth.
Replacing a missing tooth will restore not only beauty to your smile, but functionality to your teeth. Dental implants are considered the gold standard for tooth replacement because they can restore the original beauty of your missing tooth, the functional strength and prevent further jaw bone loss.
Dental Implants are successful in 97% of patients!
Years of research and clinical experience have increased the expected success rate of (endosseus) dental implants by most accounts to 97% or better. In most cases, dental implants are superior to the natural teeth they replace in terms of strength, durability, and life expectancy.
Why Should I Consider a Dental Implant?
Dental implants can be a permanent tooth replacement option that mimics a natural tooth.
Using a system that incorporates a small titanium post and replica of your missing tooth, a dental implant can be the most natural tooth restoration therapy.
The titanium post acts as a tooth root and is attached directly to the jaw bone, just beneath the gum.
- A dental implant can help restore the natural look of your smile. You no longer need to be self-conscious about talking, smiling and eating. An implant will allow you to continue sporting activities, such as swimming and skiing, without worrying about dentures that may fall out of place, because dental implants are fixed.
- Dental implants are natural-looking and feel like the teeth you were born with because they are secured into your jaw. They are also long-lasting.
- With dental implants, you are free to speak without the replacement teeth moving. Poorly fitting dentures can move as you talk, making speech difficult and embarrassing.
- Dental implants feel like your natural teeth since they are anchored into your jaw, and so there is no discomfort as can sometimes be caused by dentures.
- Eating can be challenging with dentures that move when you chew. You can eat without dental implants moving, since they function like a natural tooth and are fixed in place.
- Free standing dental implants function like natural teeth and can be easily cleaned, allowing for improved oral hygiene when compared to a bridge.
- Dental implants are sturdy and long-lasting. If they are properly cared for, they may last a lifetime.
Implants at Hazeldean Dental Group
Hazeldean Dental Group offers complete dental implant treatment from start to finish - you will never leave the comfort of our Kanata dental office.
Communication and coordination during your dental implant treatment at Hazeldean Dental Group is a seamless process.
If you are a candidate for implant dentistry, one of our Kanata general dentists will create a treatment plan outlining the various steps and timeline. We will assess your oral health, including gums and bone tissue, and create the best dental implant restoration plan for your needs.
Our In-house periodontist, Dr. Charles Alleyn, will perform all the surgical aspects of the dental implant treatment plan. While you recover from surgery, your crown, bridge or denture restoration will be crafted by Nemr, our lab technician, at our in-house dental laboratory.
Once ready, you will be asked to return for a follow up appointment to have your final porcelain restorations fitted by one of our restorative dentists.